Friday, August 25, 2006

Classic movie posters

I just love the posters for old Sci-Fi movies. Not the kind of posters that Hezbollah would rip off to make as their new flag. Megalon loves these posters too...especially the ones with "50s chicks!"

This movie use to terrify me when I was very young:


And let's not forget good old old Gort! "Klaatu verata .... necktie...alright alright alright, I said your damned words..." Sorry, right line, wrong movie.

Now I remember pretty distinctly that Gort picked up Patricia Neal and carried her back to the spaceship in THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL. But I don't think Robbie the Robot put any moves on Anne Francis during FORBIDDEN PLANET (at least, not during the course of the movie...now they DID have a lot of time together before the story began...)

And finally, a movie that Megalon can really relate to:

I have actually seen her do this...with her doll houses, that is. She is going to kill me because of this next time she sees me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I love these classic movie posters. My favorite is the old Godzilla movie posters!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home