Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Airport Blogging

Here I am, stuck at Port Columbus International Airport. The good? Free wi-fi internet. But, you get what you pay for...it is painfully slow. The bad? My 6:15pm flight to LA has been delayed...estimated time for departure is now 7:30pm. There are a lot of very angry people waiting for this plane. I am not too t'eed off...though I am very tired; I put in a full day at the office before coming over to the airport.

No food on the flight...they are only serving a "snack." Peanuts or something like that. Charming. So, I had some overpriced airport food. I wish I had some toothpaste...I would really love to brush my teeth now.

Every few minutes they play an announcement telling us all the stuff we are no longer allowed to bring on the flight. Ok, no liquids or gel products. I was wondering...what about breast implants? I suppose you could have a female terrorist who had the fluid in her implants replaced with chemical explosives. Hmmmm....that ultra thin blonde sitting over there...her chest looks very suspicious!

Gate security was not that bad. There was no line at all when I went through. They gave my bag a thorough going over...through the scanner twice, then a manual search. Fortunately, the suspicous item was right on top...a die cast metal miniature of the Battlestar Galactica. The TSA employee who found it was totally confused.

Could be worse. Back in 1988, I was going through airport security and the x-rayed my carry-on bag. The agent had a puzzled look on his face and asked, "You don't, by chance, happen to have a solid steel model of the Starship Enterprise in your bag, do you? As a matter of fact, I did!

Ok, Megalon, I know. I am making you afraid.

They just told us that we will board in "zones." Priority people are in "zone 1." I am in "zone 7." Why am I not surprised?

* * * * UPDATE * * * *

My inflight movie today will be...let me check out the Delta Airlines website...ah yes... FLIGHT 93! NOT!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home