Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Unfrozen Caveman Voters [link]

The column linked to above is hilarious! Of course, I don't think of myself as a "caveman" but more of as a Unfrozen Neanderthal Voter...or...perhaps since I am Jewish and a conservative hawk, that makes me an Unfrozen Ne[oCon]anderthal Voter.

No better monologue could capture the spirit of a large portion of America today.

Hey, all you elected politicians and media types and academics! I'm just an average guy. I wake up and I go to work and I have a family. I don't know much about Shi'ites, Sunnis, Wahhabis, Salafists, Imams, Mullahs, root causes, or the desire for democracy in the Muslim world or whatever. My mind can grasp these concepts just fine, the fact of the matter is I just don't care. I don't know much about all that stuff, but there is one thing I do know: when a bunch of "death-to-america" chanting yahoos want to destroy our culture, attack our cities, down our aircraft, and build nuclear weapons, then they are entitled to the business end of a B52.

* * * *

Don't caricature this attitude with a desire for more invasions, more nation-building, more regime-change, random airstrikes, or wanton slaughter. It's hard to say just what policy exactly might satisfy the caveman demographic. But really, the Unfrozen Caveman Voter intuits a large portion of the art of warfare: opportunities must be created and then exploited -- or if they come by luck, they must be exploited all the same. And finally, the use of extreme and otherwise intolerable violence is necessary if used in the service of victory.

Well said! All I can add is "Ugga! Spit!" That is Ne[oCon]anderthal for, "So say we all!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home