Sunday, October 22, 2006

Bureaucrats GONE WILD! [link]

How's this for madness. A man joins a voluntary trash recycling program and accidentally puts a piece of junk mail into the wrong bin. The result? He gets charged with a crime and prosecuted! Even worse, they also charged him with the additional crime of putting his trash bins out on the wrong day.

Let's see, this is a VOLUNTARY program. So who in their right mind is going to sign up for this VOLUNTARY program if the slightest mistake can land you in jail?
Mr Reeves said his first mistake was to put his rubbish out a day early, but only because he was going on holiday the next day. It was met with a warning that any further slip-ups would result in legal action.

"Duly warned I carried on separating the rubbish,' he said. Then came the summons accusing him of breaching the order. "I was shocked and had no idea what to do,' he said. "I couldn't sleep. At one point I even thought I might end up in jail."

He added: "The irony is that I would have been better off not recycling at all, just loading everything into a single rubbish bag. But like most people I supported the principle and was happy to play my part."
Well, we know better now. Recycling can be harmful for your health!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home