Thursday, May 11, 2006

political zombies [link]

Richard Lewis over at the Huffington Post blog feels that the current political situation is turning him into a zombie:

I'm married, working, performing, doing charitable work, helping other addicts, and working for as many political candidates to get elected in 2006 as I can. And yet, with the free-floating anxiety seemingly under control for the most part, I still feel like a zombie just going through the motions.

The reason? The mountain of abuses and lies and corruption and rationalizations, along with the fear of a majority of politicians (especially of my own beloved Democrats) to really level with power and authenticity about the nightmare of this administration. That, coupled with the obliteration of separation of church and state, our privacy rights, the pathetic nothingness done to help the racist divide, rampant poverty and homelessness, pathetic under-funded schools for most of our kids, massive zero health insurance for almost 50 million people, and on and on. That this is happening while the gargantuan collection of egos in powerful places continue to obliterate the progress America should be striving for, is again tragically getting me close to hiding under the covers.

* * * *

I don't get it. If a deeply religious, right wing conservative can still vote for a Republican candidate in November who remotely backs this President and his laundry list of horrors, then we're sunk. Isn't it possible for someone to be violently against say, Pro-Choice , but still be disgusted with the lies and deceit and vote to help us start over in building our country's esteem? I just don't get it. I can write a joke but I can't find anything funny about this. Maybe that's why I hate reality shows. This reality show is on 24/7 and that's plenty for me.

Well, the liberal whining, lies, and distortions of the tin hat brigades, and the blatant bias of the main stream media, are having an equally zombiefying effect on Megalon and your heroic Dictator for Life! Just look at us!


This could happen to YOU if we don't stop the Democrats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home